Indoor Pool Weather Policy
In the event of severe thunder and/or lightning, the indoor pool will be closed for 30 minutes after the last visible lightning.
For pool closings and current conditions, call the front desk at (205) 444-7703.
- Swimming is allowed only when a lifeguard is on duty.
- All Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- No food or drink allowed in the pool area. Water and ice only.
- No glass containers allowed in the pool area.
- Proper swim attire is required in the pool at all times (lined swim trunks for males, swim suits for females).
- Infants and toddlers not potty trained must wear a swim diaper while in the pool.
- Children under age 15 must be accompanied by a member 15 years of age or older in the pool area at all times.
- Horseplay, such as running, splashing, shoving, dunking or any other activity deemed unsafe by the lifeguard is not permitted.
- Profanity, improper behavior and intoxication are not allowed.
- Diving is allowed ONLY in designated areas.
- Open Swim and Lap Swim is allowed ONLY in designated areas at designated times.
- One person allowed on the Diving Board and ladder at a time.
- Diving board should be mounted at the ladder only.
- Make sure diving area is clear before entering the pool.
- All children must pass a swim test to be allowed in the deep end.
- Children wearing or using flotation devices are not allowed in the deep end.
- Equipment should be properly stored after use.
- Be considerate and share your lap lane (Circle swim).
- Do not remove aqua joggers or any other equipment from the Aquatic Center.