How do I apply for employment with the City of Hoover?

The City of Hoover accepts applications only for those jobs which are currently open. All applications are completed online through the city’s website.

How can I stay informed of City Events?

Take advantage of Notify Me and sign up for the categories of your choice.

Which City Council Member represents my area of Hoover?

The City of Hoover is not in districts. The Hoover City Council is elected at large. All seven council members represent the city at large.

How do I establish garbage service for my new home?

If your home is new construction, contact a Public Works representative at 205-444-7543. They will instruct garbage company to deliver a trash and recycle bin to your home. They will also inform you of the days of collection and answer any questions you may have. If you have moved into an existing home, service has already been established at your address. You only need to call if you do not know the days of service or if the bins are damaged or missing.

Where is the nearest dog park?

Loch Haven Dog Park is located at 3469 Loch Haven Drive. See Find A Park on the Parks and Recreation Homepage for directions.

Park Facilities

If I work and/or own a business in Hoover, do I qualify for membership to the Recreation Center?

You must reside in Hoover and provide current proof of residency (Name and Address on Bank Check, Lease Agreement, Driver's License or Current Utility Bill).

How do I reserve Veterans Park on Valleydale for an event?

To reserve Veterans Park on Valleydale for an event, please complete the Veterans Park on Valleydale Rental Request form and return to the Events office.